Saturday 29 May 2010

Busy - sorry

Sorry for the suspension of normal service here.  I've been a bit busy with the day job - I've actually got one at the moment, which is novel.

But I have got some musical stuff to blog about - I'm currently in rehearsals for a performance of Beethoven's Septet, and for a run of Gounod's Faust with Leeds Youth Opera Group.  I last played Faust for them about 12-13 years ago, and a girl called Sarah Estill sang Marguerite.  Sarah is now a full-time opera diva, working with Opera North, and is back with LYOG, this time directing the show.  She's also one of the main drivers behind the Northern Wagner Orchestra.  (I really need to redo that website...)

That reminds me - must dig out a score of Aida and see if there's anything tricky I need to be aware of, as we're playing that next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment