Monday 14 June 2010

"Sonata for Seven", Schmelzer

(Schmelzer?  Who he?  ed.)

(No.  Me neither.)

Schmelzer.  1623-1680.  Wrote a septet for recorder ensemble.  You now know as much about him as I do.  This has been rearranged for a Beethoven septet ensemble (vln, vla, vlc, cb, clt, bsn, hn).

Not much to worry about, except, for some reason, I'm finding this difficult:



But why?  There's nothing there to worry about!  So why in the name of all that's sane am I missing that E on the sixth quaver of bar 28?  I'm losing it - it's the only rational explanation.  And it's not a good sign for the week ahead, as I've got a rehearsal on this (+ the Beethoven septet), and the Northern Wagner Orchestra's production of Aida at the weekend, and we're heading rapidly towards the Leeds Youth Opera's production of Faust.  Gah...

No comments:

Post a Comment